Sunday, March 10, 2019

#2175 the monkey trail

Sorry I missed writing yesterday. I was very busy binge-watching Netflix. I haven't sat on the couch and stared at the TV for hours in a long time, and I needed it. I watched Abducted in Plain Sight, season one of Russian Doll and the first episode of The Great British Baking Show Then I watched the latest episode of Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel. My brain was mush by 11 pm.  It was kinda great.

Tonight I will write a quick post about the monkey trail and I'll be back tomorrow too.

So...what is the monkey trail?

The hotel in Krabi where we stayed, the Centara Grand Beach Resort, is only accessible by boat or by the monkey trail. I wouldn't recommend trying to heave your suitcase over the trail though - take the boat for that, but if you want to walk to Ao Nang town for lunch or to shop, you can walk on the trail. Apparently a lot of the hotel staff use the trail to get to and from work every day.

The trail takes you up and around a mountain and down to the beach. There are monkeys that live on the mountain. On our way over in the morning, I didn't see any monkeys, but there were plenty on the way back.

MT took all these photos. I did not enjoy walking on the monkey trail. I didn't like the rickety railings or the wooden steps. I really didn't like the monkeys. I liked being in Ao Nang, but I would rather take a boat.

Here are photos:

Here I am going up the trail.

It's pretty steep.

View from the top

the trail

Almost back to Centara beach. 
I know, I know. You want to see the monkeys. Here you go...


See that lady with the bag? She opened the bag and let that monkey grab the plastic sack out of the bag. She tried to get the bag back, but the monkey dropped it down onto the beach. The other people are looking back like, "What the hell lady!"

The monkeys will take anything, I've been told. That lady in the purple shirt is lucky the monkey is busy with the plastic bag or he might have grabbed her phone.


I think because the monkey had success getting stuff from the lady with the bag, he then followed her for a while.


Here are a bunch of people walking on the trail while a little monkey looks for something to take.


That's a bunch of monkeys sitting on a log.


At this part of the trail the tree branch is quite low and you have to duck to get under it. Therea are a couple of monkeys sitting on a branches, including the lowest branch. That's me in the hat, cringing at the thought of being that close to a monkey.

If you are wondering, they are rhesus macaque monkeys.

More new stuff tomorrow!


2 comments:

josefa wann said...

No thank you. I had a problem with a monkey when I was a teen. Besides the trail looks very rickety. I think I'll skip it! :)

Lizzie said...

I agree with Mom, not interested in dealing with little thieving monkeys