Friday, March 5, 2021

#2517 the driest skin ever

 I missed writing here on Wednesday because our internet went down around 4:45 in the afternoon and didn’t come back up until around 3 AM (so T tells me). It was strange to be without the internet that night. Our TVs also were not usable that night. I read, so I was fine, but T was not a happy young man. We all went to bed early.

My skin is feeling extra dry. Overall, it is very dry here in Salt Lake City. The humidity is low. My hands are dry, probably from so much washing. My face, though, is awful. Wow, that sounds harsh. The skin on my face is so dry that it’s almost painful. It is kind of scaly in places. I can slather it with moisturizer at night and when I wake up in the morning, it is all flaky and gross. Weirdly, I also have mini break-outs that look like pimples but in the morning are just patches of dry skin. There are these little red splotches on my cheeks. It all just makes me sad and kind of itchy.

I spent a few minutes before I logged on here looking for remedies for my dry face skin. One site suggested using coconut oil, which is something I do use regularly, but it doesn’t seem to be giving me all the moisture I need. It does a great job of calming the splotches, though. 

Another site I looked at recommended Cetaphil as the highest rated moisturizer by a panel of dermatologists. The second was Neutrogena Hydro-boost gel cream. Guess where I’m going tomorrow? To Target to find one of these products. I’m so tired of the tight, dry skin and the ugly flakes. It’s hard to feel pretty and confident when your skin isn’t right.

I’ll report back in a week and let you know if my skin is improving.


1 comment:

Ninius said...

I like to use Neutrogena on my hands and feet. And Ponds on my face (like my mom). But I've never had as much dry skin like you seem to be having :( I hope you find something that works for you. Besos!