Wednesday, December 20, 2023

#2872 three things: my vibe, a bougie blanket, and just what I needed

 


1. My vibe right now is slow down and hibernate. After a very full year, I'm ready to take a little time to rest, nap, reflect, and relax. I do have four more work days this year (this Thursday and Friday, and next Thursday and Friday,) but I think those days will be fairly quiet and stress-free. I'm ready for it.

2. I got a bougie blanket. I'll go out on a limb and say that every woman in my department at work has a passion for Minky Couture blankets. Most of the women have at least one, and many have two or more of these blankets. I have resisted the craze. I did get a travel size Minky for my birthday from work, and yes, it is a nice little blanket. Is it better than some of the other fleece blankets I have? I wouldn't say so, but it is really soft. 

Today our team had our annual Christmas breakfast and gift extravaganza. I knew there must be at least one Minky blanket in the gift mix, so I decided that I would try to get it. I had to "steal" it a couple of times to secure it, but it's mine now. I haven't even taken it out of it's packaging just yet. I'm currently reveling in the fact that I now have the bougiest blanket in Utah for my very own.

3. Just what I needed. Last weekend I went to southern California to spend a couple of days with Mama and Lizzie, and more specifically, to celebrate Mama's 80th birthday. I'm so glad I went. It was a wonderful weekend, relaxing and fun. I went for a nature walk with Lizzie, we looked around some shops, we watched movies, and we ate good food. That was Saturday. On Sunday, Mama's birthday, the three of us cooked together, which was awesome, then gobbled up our efforts, and did art. Monday was shorter because I had to get on a plane back to SLC, but it was still great. I slept beautifully and without interruption. I was delighted to be with Mom and Lizzie. We laughed, we cried, we talked, and we simply enjoyed being together. Wonderful.

2 comments:

Kteach said...

Good nice post.
It was great you came for my 8oth, the three of us had a really lovely time, good food and drink, but especially being all together !!!

Lizzie said...

it was so wonderful!