Friday, July 13, 2012

#722 poor air quality makes pretty sunrise



Yesterday my original plan was to write my thoughts on a couple of sports-related stories I'd been following, but then I was so distraught over my poor eating that I had to tell you about it.

I thought about just talking about the sports stories today, but I don't want to now.

So...what to write about today?

How about the crappy air quality in SLC? I've mentioned before that it's fire season here in Utah, and you could really tell today. When I came out of the gym this morning, the sun was just coming up and the smoke was just thick. It made for a pretty sunrise because the sky was pink and orange but the air was just terrible. You could totally smell the smoke.

Photo: Smoky sunrise
When I got to my office, which is just minutes from downtown, the sky was gray and yucky. It was cloudy today also, because we are supposed to have rain all weekend. (I hope we do. I hope it will clear all the gunk out of the sky.) Also, because of all the smoke, you couldn't see the mountains at all. The city looks strange without the beautiful Wasatch Mountains behind the skyline.

I felt a little out of sorts today because of the bad air and the cloudy sky. I had a mini-freak-out when I got home and discovered MT had eaten the last of the taco meat. I really wanted a little taco for dinner. Oh well. I got over it when I started watching "Fashion Police." That show makes me laugh out loud. Joan Rivers is a strange looking woman, but she's pretty funny.

MT and I both fell asleep watching TV. We teased each other about getting old, but it's a long day for us! MT is up at 4 AM - he leaves for work around 5:00 and has an hour drive. I get up when he leaves and go to the gym, so we're both up early and mostly working hard all  day long. It's not too surprising that we are both way tuckered out on Friday night.

I still have a few more stories about Belize that I want to tell you. That's on my agenda for the weekend, so please come back :)





No comments: