Friday, August 24, 2012

#752 recovering

I have been watching so many movies this week! I need to spend six to ten hours a day in the CPM machine. I've found that it's best for me to be in contraption for two hour blocks and I've found that it's easier to just sit there passively if I'm watching a movie. When I just watch TV, I get antsy during the commercials. A movie mostly keeps me entertained and interested for the two hours.

Sometimes we do a triple feature. I'll watch a movie in the morning while sitting in the contraption, then I'll do some PT stretches and move around. After lunch, we'll watch another movie, followed by more stretches and moving, then after dinner, we'll watch another movie. Most of the time, though, we just do two movies a day. Three seems so decadent!

I don't even know if I can name all the movies we've watched this week, but I'll try:

Inception (I just don't get this movie and I fell asleep)
Bride & Prejudice
Hunger Games
Shutter Island
Twelve Angry Men (I did fall asleep during this third movie of the day)
Body of Lies


I'm pretty sure I'm missing some, but those are the ones I remember.

T is really into movies these days. This week, he was all about Leonardo DiCaprio movies. (Three of the films I watched were Leo movies.) Really, the only one I picked was Bride & Prejudice. It's an Indian take on Pride & Prejudice of course. I really like it; it's good fun.

My mother-in-law has been here this week and it's been great to have her around. I have a hard time getting going in the morning, and I appreciate that she has let me go at my own speed, but has been quick to help whenever I needed her. Mostly I need someone to load up my ice machine, help me with breakfast and lunch and someone to shadow me when I go up and down the stairs. T has been pretty good help, too. He often seems a little annoyed at my lack of mobility, but mostly he's pretty sweet.

I'm happy to report that yesterday my blood pressure was down quite a bit from the previous reading. It's still elevated, but it was better. I also cut waaaaaay back on the pain medicine today; I took one pill this morning and just took a couple about 30 minutes ago as I'm getting ready for bed. I think I may have pushed it a little too far, though. The knee should be relaxing a little by now, but I can still feel it. However, the pain level is a lot lower than it has been, so I think that's good. Tomorrow the physical therapist will be here, and she usually pushes me a little more than is comfortable. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments: