Saturday, January 19, 2013

#851 we celebrate 80 years of Jake

Greetings from Idaho!

We are here celebrating my father-in-law's 80th birthday. Linda had an open house at a local hotel and a whole bunch of people came and it was lots of fun. My BFF LA came and we hung out for several hours chatting and laughing. There was also food and cake.

Jake, my father-in-law, the birthday boy, is a great guy. He is not MT's biological father; he is Linda's second husband, but they've been married for 38 years. Jake is a very mellow, easy-going guy. He loves to read, he's a history buff and he seems to enjoy traveling. In the past ten years, he and Linda have been to Mexico twice (once with us!), a Panama Canal cruise, and China. Man, I hope when I'm in my 70s, I'm traveling around like that!

When we got back to J & L's house tonight, we opened the birthday cards Jake got. Some were funny and some were sweet. One had $5 in it, which made us all giggle, and one was from someone named Dorothy who wasn't even there. We laughed and laughed trying to figure out where that one came from. I think we finally figured it out, though.

Tomorrow T and MT are going skiing with MT's brother Kelly. It has been so incredibly cold down in the valleys because of the inversion,  it may be a little warmer up on the mountain. T gets so cold sometimes and then he gets cranky and then MT gets cranky and then no one has any fun. T hasn't been skiing in probably at least two years, so I hope that he does ok.

To be continued...

No comments: