Wednesday, December 18, 2013

#1073 still looking for the spirit and some happy thoughts

I'm still frantically searching for some Christmas spirit. Time's running out! Earlier this week, I watched the movie The Santa Clause 2. I really like the film; my favorite scene is when Santa/Scott hands out the vintage toys at the faculty party. At the end of the movie, I mostly just thought, "OK, that's a cute movie." No extra Christmas spirit, though.

I'm giving it another try tonight by watching the Michael Buble's Christmas special on TV. I'm sorry to say that what I'm finding out is that I can't really watch Michael, but I sure do love to listen to him. He's kind of a goofy fella. But maybe...it's been 18 minutes and he might be growing on me.

What has made me feel happy is hearing my mom say that her birthday celebration on Sunday was a memory that she will always treasure. It feels good to know that I played a little part in making the day really special for her.

Here's something else that makes me feel happy: I only have two more days of work this year! I thought 2012 was tough, but this year has been hard, too. I thought my time management and organization skills were good, but my belief in myself was tested this year. In addition, a job that I've been doing for several years was just a lot harder. Things I thought I knew, well, it seems like I didn't know them anymore, even though I really do. I'm looking forward to taking a little break to regroup and figure out how to do/be better next year.

Now I am watching the Barbara Walters Fascinating People show. We just saw Jennifer Lawrence We love her. Michael was growing on me, but I had to check on Barbara.

I came home early tonight because we closed on a refinance on one of our rental properties. It's been great to have a little extra time.  We ate dinner a little earlier than usual and I've just totally been relaxing and watching TV. I don't feel bad about the way I've spent this evening at all.

Well, this has been a super random post. Sorry about that!

I don't know if I have any more Christmas spirit than I did when I started writing, but I can tolerate watching Michael Buble now although I still prefer just to listen to him. Now I'm watching the news. The weather guy is talking about a big snow storm that is coming in tonight which will surely mean a nasty morning commute. Yippee.

1 comment:

Kteach said...

My birthday surprise(s) rocked!!!!! :D