Tuesday, July 5, 2016

#1706 three things: exercise, disappointment and liars (unrelated topics!)

Here are the three things on my mind today:

1. Exercise. When I got home tonight I did a Jillian Michael's workout video. The workout is only 30 minutes long, but it's intense. I was sweating like crazy, dripping on my yoga mat. Yes, I worked hard at it, but it's also very warm here. I didn't get a lot of steps from the yoga workout, but I did take a walk today during a break at work. 8,000 steps today? Done.

2. Bummed. I found out tonight that T did not get a scholarship from my work. Was his application not good? Do we make too much money for them to give assistance? I don't know. I'm disappointed, though. No matter what our taxes from last year say, we can use the help to pay for school. It will all work out.

3. They all lie. The big national news today is that the FBI had a press conference in which they talked about Hillary Clinton's stupid use of a personal email server over which she recklessly sent Top Secret and Classified level emails. The FBI also talked about how they couldn't find evidence of Clinton being stupid and reckless in a manner meant to do harm to the country. Of course she lied about the emails and Benghazi.  Everyone covers their ass. She is not the only politician or want-to-be politician that lies. They all lie.  The beauty of America is that you get to decide whose lies you can live with when you cast your ballot in November.  Are either of the presumptive candidates great? No. No they are not. I don't think I would care to have either of them over to my home for dinner but the good news is that having either of them over for dinner is something I'll almost certainly never be faced with. Trying to be the President of the United States is a hideous proposition. Half the people are gonna like you and half the people are going to think you're a giant asshole. All we can do until the election is sort through all the words the media on both sides puts out there and decide what you can live with and realize that even though you cast your vote, the electoral college will decide who runs the country anyway.

Sorry to be such a downer tonight! I'll try to do better tomorrow :)

No comments: