Friday, July 22, 2016

#1722 start of long weekend

Here in Utah we celebrate Pioneer Day on July 24. It's the day that Brigham Young came down the canyon and said, "This is the place" back in 1847. Since the 24th is on Sunday, I get a three day weekend! HOORAY!!

My plan is to pack each of the days with a bit of fun and a bit of chores. To that end, I've made a list of course. I don't know how much will get checked off the lists, but I made an effort.

It is hot as blazes here, so I listed a few outdoors activities that I might do. I've also listed a bunch of chick flicks that I want to watch. Plus I know we'll go see the new Star Trek movie this weekend, too.

I watched one of my chick flicks tonight, Something Borrowed. I absolutely hate Darcy (Kate Hudson). I love Rachel (Ginnifer Goodwin) although I have issues with her behavior too. It's a tricky movie that way. When I first read the book I really struggled with the concept. I don't like deception and cheating and affairs. Something Borrowed does a good job of showing lots of different sides and points of view where you can almost, almost condone Rachel's behavior. I don't know. But Ginnifer is so dang pretty in the film. And John Krasinkski is in the movie too. He's great.

So as you can see, I'm not writing about James Taylor tonight. It's almost midnight and I have an early wake-up call tomorrow. I've got a busy day ahead with lots of volunteer time planned at Red Butte Garden. I've got to start early so I don't melt.

Happy weekend!

No comments: