Tuesday, May 23, 2017

#1871 back from Savannah

Hey y'all! I am back from a long weekend in Savannah, Georgia. My sister and I were in the city from Thursday through Monday afternoon, and we even did a day trip up to Charleston, South Carolina.

Savannah is enchanting. It is beautiful and charming, even when the weather is hot and sticky. There are so many trees and there is often a breeze and even a small breeze is so welcome that you fall in love with the town all over again.

The squares. The houses. The people. The magnolia trees. The horse drawn carriages. The cocktails. The azaleas. The monuments. The history. Forsyth Park. The food. The Spanish moss. Savannah lived up to all my expectations and then some. I really liked being there!

Of course I took a bunch of photos, but I haven't downloaded them yet. I expect I'll have some time to do that over the weekend, then I'll post some pics and tell some tales.

So far Lizzie and I are two for two on our sister trips. New Orleans was a blast and Savannah was awesome. I'm sure that a large part of my overall enjoyment of the weekend and the location had to do with the fact that I was hanging out with my sister. She's the best.

I can't wait to tell you more about the trip and show some photos, but I'm gonna have to wait because I'm too tired to download and go through my photos right now. I hope you'll check back in the next few days. It's a high priority for me to look at the pics on my computer screen. I like the way they look on the small screen of my beloved iPhone, so I imagine I'll be really happy when the pics are bigger!

~~~~~~

I finished these books:



Check out the 2017 Reading List page.

No comments: