Wednesday, November 15, 2017

#1960 no hope in a zombie apocalypse

Something occured to me as I was lying in bed this morning, trying to force my eyelids open, breathing through my mouth and basically wallowing in a cold that won't go away: if there is an epidemic that threatens the world or a zombie apocalypse, I may very well not survive, especially if I have even a hint of a cold.

For some reason, a simple common cold knocks me right on my ass, puts me in bed for a couple of days and renders me completely incompetent and incapable of pretty much everything. I take cold medicine, but the most it does is put me in a severely foggy state or asleep. Last night I took a couple of Nyquil and slept from 8pm to 10am with a brief moment of waking up around 6:30 to let my boss know I wouldn't be able to make it in to work today. When I did finally wake up, I just moved from lying on my bed to lying on my couch.

Toward the late afternoon I did manage to rouse myself enough to change the sheets on my bed, so at least tonight I'll be sleeping in a relatively germ-free environment. I do feel a lot better, though, and I will be able to go to work tomorrow and hopefully be a good productive citizen.

My inability to rally against a cold really brings me down, though. I consider myself a strong woman with a high pain level tolerance who can get through most things. Sniffles and a sore throat - that's my kryptonite.

No comments: