Sunday, July 15, 2018

#2065 weekend wrap-up

The pace of my summer is wearing me down a little!

On Friday night, MT and I went back up to Sundance for the second concert of the Bluebird Cafe series there. It was another wonderful night of music on the mountain. The songwriter/artists were Deric Rutan, Jonathan Singleton and Jessi Alexander. They were all good, but we thought Jessi Alexander was the stand-out of the night. That the was final show for July; there are two more shows in August. We are so glad we bought tickets to the entire series. It's a great venue and there is nothing like acoustic music under the stars.

The downside of the Sundance shows is that the venue is about an hour away, so we don't usually get home until close to midnight. When I get home I have a hard time getting right to sleep, so it's usually well after 1:00 when I finally drift off. I get up early on Saturdays to go to WW and then I'm on-the-go all day.

Yesterday during my docent shift at the Garden, it rained - more of a sprinkle, really - then it got muggy, then it got really pleasant, then it sprinkled again, then it cleared up and got hot. When I left, I stopped for some Mexican food, came home and ate, then took a little nap before I went back to RBG to attend the gate for a wedding. The weather was nice in the evening, then got breezy and a little chilly. One creepy thing is that as I was walking to the gate, I saw a snake on the trail. It wasn't a rattler, but it was still creepy. It kept me on edge because what if it slithered back to the bushes by where I was? I didn't see it, though, so everything was fine. I got home close to 11, then I chatted with T for awhile before getting to bed.

This morning MT and I got up early to go have breakfast. We've been going to Black Bear Diner in our neighborhood, but this morning we were disappointed with the pancakes. They were overcooked and tough. Might have to give it a rest for a week or find another place. We love a pancake on a Sunday morning!

We went to breakfast early because I wanted to get home by 9 AM to watch the World Cup final between France and Croatia. You probably already know that France won the match. After futbol, MT and I went to Costco because we wanted to buy some concert-going chairs.

We are going to a show at Red Butte Garden on Thursday night and these chairs will be super-nice to have!

After Costco, the day gets kind of blurry. I went to the gym to walk in circles for half an hour, then I took a shower and then I read and slept and read some more. I haven't done anything chore-wise like pay the bills or clean up stuff. I was beat and I just wanted to chill.

Summer is great because there's so much going on, but it's tiring too. The next couple of weeks are jam-packed with fun stuff.

I can rest in the winter :)

No comments: