Tuesday, July 17, 2018

#2066 travel Tuesday: a new leader in the clubhouse

MT and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in August - a little less than a month from now. Since we enjoy traveling, we are planning to take a vacation somewhere fantastic, preferably to a place we haven't been to yet. Our target date for this vacation was in the fall, maybe in October. We've discussed several different places: Fiji, Costa Rica, and St. Lucia have all been on the list and a bit of research has been done on all of those places. Now, though, we have a new leader on vacation board. Such serious consideration is being given to this destination that we have decided to push the trip back to February of next year so we can take a full two weeks to enjoy the place. Plus, it takes so long to get there that we need the extra time.

The country I am currently researching is Thailand.

MT has wanted to go to Thailand for years, but I have been resistant. I've talked to several people who have been there and really enjoyed it and I finally "caved". (Get it? Caved? Caves in Thailand were recently in the news? I'm not planning to go in any caves.) Truthfully, I still have some reservations about it, so I'm doing extra research before I fully commit.

At first I thought I would like to travel around the country, but now I think that I am most interested in just going to a couple of beaches. I also want to go to Angkor Wat,. Cambodia borders Thailand and a trip to the UNESCO site would be feasible.

Stay tuned for updates...



No comments: