Sunday, March 3, 2019

#2172 4 island tour part 2

Today is snowy and cold in SLC, so a little Thai sunshine via the second part of the four island tour is in order.

We booked the four island tour by longtail boat through the hotel. MT really wanted to get in some snorkeling, and though I don't snorkel, I usually tag along for the boat ride. Plus, riding in a longtail boat in Thailand is kind of a thing, and I didn't want to miss out!

It was a private tour, just MT and I on the boat along with our guide, Leng, and the driver, whose name I don't remember. Leng spoke excellent English and he was a great guy. He was funny and accommodating and a pleasure to hang out with. The boat picked up up at the pier at the hotel. Super easy!

Our first stop was at Phra Nang cave that I talked about in the last post. The next stop was for snorkeling. The ride to the snorkel area was gorgeous. (All photos are mine unless noted).





MT took this photo. He is really good with the panoramic (pano) pics!



The snorkeling spot was in a lagoon with sparkling green clear water. MT very quickly put on his mask, jumped in and started floating around. No sunscreen. That will come into play later in other posts. Yes, he got a tremendous sunburn.




The water is more blue here because he is on the other side of the boat outside the lagoon.

Meanwhile, on the boat, I was mesmerized by the views and the fact that I was on a LONGTAIL BOAT IN THAILAND. I had to keep pinching myself to make sure it was all real.



I don't know how long we stayed in this area. Long enough for MT to be satisfied that he had seen all the fish in this little lagoon. Truthfully, it was easy to lose track of time. I spent most of the two weeks not knowing or caring what time it was or even what day it was, as long as I was where I needed to be, like on an excursion.

The next island (number two if you're keeping track of the four islands) was just a drive-by: Chicken Island.

Photo by Leng
Can you see the chicken neck sticking up behind me? Then over to my right is a bonus: Turtle Island. Here a couple more photos:

Another view of Chicken Island
Turtle Island
That's it for this post. As I was going through the photos I realized I had so many that I would need to break down the posts so I wouldn't overwhelm with photos! Also, it gives me more things to write about :)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

josefa wann said...

Beautiful pictures of the islands, so different! Love the colors and you both look so happy and relaxed :)