Tuesday, September 7, 2021

#2603 travel Tuesday: one month from today

https://www.kimkim.com/c/tips-for-visiting-costa-rica-during-the-green-season


A month from today, I will be on vacation! I just booked my flight to the LA area. I am a couple of weeks behind; I usually like to book my flights about six weeks out, but there's been a lot going on and I put it off. Thankfully, MT and T gave me a Delta gift card for Mother's Day, so that helped offset the extra cost of my procrastination. 

Yesterday, I did some online shopping for waterproof and quick-drying, moisture-wicking clothing. Apparently October is the heart of the rainy season (I think I've mentioned that!) so I want to be prepared as much as I can. The great thing about rain is that the place will also be very green and lush. I'm quite sure this trip will be an unforgettable adventure. 

Lizzie and I will be in the Arenal area for two and half days and three nights, and we are booking all of the time with excursions. We plan to tour a coffee plantation and walk on the hanging bridges. Lizzie will zip-line. I could not talk myself into that excursion. I'm a scaredy-cat. I think it's awesome that she's going to do it. Every day while we are in the area, we will take advantage of the natural hot springs. Our hotel has private springs and we will use them. 

We'll have like three and half days and four nights on the Pacific coast. We only have one adventure planned over there, and that is a visit to a sloth sanctuary. We are keeping our options open to see what else sounds interesting. We are hoping for a little dry time so we can go to the pool. Beach walks will happen regardless of the weather. Gosh, I love the ocean!  I just don't want to be in it. LOL

I've been reading blog posts galore about what to pack, what to eat, what to see, and what to possibly expect. I try not to have any expectations and just be as prepared and open as I can be to the experiences, but it's nice to have a heads up about stuff.

It's likely this won't be the last post you'll read about my travel plans before the trip, but I'll try not to be too obnoxious about it :D

No comments: