Wednesday, April 12, 2023

#2845 three things: music, vacation, and dogs



It looks like I may need to update my avatar's outfit! I'll work on that after writing about three things.

1. Music season is upon us! Yesterday, Red Butte Garden announced the summer concert line-up. I think there are about 30 shows over four months. As a volunteer, I have to work at least six shows to keep my status as a concert volunteer. I'm sure I signed up for double that number, not that I will get assigned to all of those shows. There are also two shows in particular that I want to see as a patron: Gary Clark Jr., and Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit. I'm a big fan of both of those artists, and when they published their concert schedules earlier in the year, neither of them had Salt Lake City on the list. I was so thrilled to see them both coming back to Red Butte Garden. I'm really excited for Lizzie to come out in July for the Jason Isbell show! 

The Foo Fighters announced yesterday they would be coming to Salt Lake on Aug 8 to the USANA Amphitheater. MT and I are very excited for that show. Tickets go on sale Friday, and I will get a pair!

Another favorite artist, Sting, is touring this summer, too. I have loved him since I was 14 years old, and I have seen him and The Police in concert many times. Sting will be playing at USANA, and I was debating about whether or not to go, then Lizzie texted me that Sting will be at the Hollywood Bowl in October. I've never been to the Hollywood Bowl. Seeing Sting there with Lizzie would be pretty cool. 

I love live music.

2. Trip planning. The countdown is on! Only 24 more days until I'm on my way to Barcelona via Paris. It feels like so long ago that we started talking about this trip, and now it's just three weeks away. Last night, Mom, Lizzie, and I took care of some trip business. We booked tickets on the hop-on hop-off (or HOHO as we call them now) buses in Paris and Barcelona. Lizzie and I also bought tickets for a ghost tour in Barcelona's Gothic Quarter. I love that kind of stuff. Spooky history and all that. It's cool that as many times as we have visited Barcelona, there are still things we haven't done at all or haven't done or seen in a long time. I'm looking forward to spending the time with my mama and my sister and enjoying the beautiful capital of Catalunya. I will also be delighted to spend a couple of days in Paris. It's been a place I have wanted to visit for quite awhile. 

3. The doggos. Everything is going well with my little pack. I can't take Stella for a walk in the neighborhood anymore, because she is kind of awful. She barks for at least five house lengths. She tugs on her leash so hard that she practically strangles herself. It's like a cartoon. She will jump up next to me, then lunge to the end of her leash and sort of jerk herself back. She makes Harley extra-nervous with her yipping and barking. Stella really just wants to play fetch. In the mornings when I work from home, I take Stella out for a few minutes of frisbee time while MT walks Mac and Harley. Everyone is a lot happier with that situation. I find it hard to leave Stella behind, even though I can't stand to take her for a walk with the other two. Instead, I take all three to the back yard and we play. Stella chases her frisbee. Mac and Harley hunt for kibbles or run after a ball. Well, Mac runs after the ball when I throw it, and Harley runs after Mac, then they wrestle for a bit, and repeat. I feel bad not taking the big dogs out for a walk, but that's where I am right now. It is an evolving situation.

I hope you are having a good week! 

xo
 

No comments: