Sunday, April 16, 2023

#2846 weekly wrap-up

 


Only 20 more days until vacation :) I received my information packet from Candice this week, which always makes me happy and is a tangible indication that the trip is getting closer. Mom, Lizzie, and I purchased the hop-on hop-off bus tickets for Paris and Barcelona this week. Lizzie and I also booked a ghost tour in Barcelona. I'm pretty sure I wrote about those things on Wednesday, but it was a highlight of the week for me.

Another highlight is that I did score some Foo Fighters tickets! Let me add my voice to the disappointment with Ticketmaster's fees. When I got online to buy the tickets, I was super excited to find a pair close to the stage, in the price range that MT and I had agreed on. I clicked to pay, and with the fees, the tickets were around $100 more each. I could not pay that amount. It was the cost of plane ticket to Hawaii or Mexico. I won't pay that for a concert. After that, it appeared that the only tickets available were lawn, and I am not interested in sitting on the lawn at USANA. I'm too old for that shit. I kept clicking to see if any tickets came up, and finally, a couple of seats back in the corner came up and were a very reasonable price. They are not great seats, but the price was great, and they are seats, and we'll be there at the show. Both MT and I are satisfied with this outcome. But damn, Ticketmaster! Greedy bastards.

I haven't been sleeping very well lately. MT has had a cold, so I've been in the guest room because I don't want to pick up any germies ever, but especially with the trip coming up soon. Sometimes when I sleep in the guest room, I get confused about where I am, plus I'm not sleeping on the usual side of the bed, and that throws me off when I need to get up to use the bathroom in the night. T is very active at night, since he is a vampire, so his movements and sounds wake me up, usually around 3:30, and it can be hard for me to get back to sleep. In my own bed, the dogs feel the need to be touching me, so I am literally in a dog pile. Then, because I'm tired, I take a nap after work, then I have a hard time getting to sleep. It's a total catch-22. 

My sweet Subaru turned 100K miles this week.


Yesterday I went to Scheel's to buy some shoes, and this wall of Crocs disturbed me, because Crocs, but it also delighted me, because look at those colors!


I did NOT buy Crocs. I truly think these are the ugliest shoes. I hear they are very comfortable, but I just can't bring myself to even try them on.

I haven't done much art this week. I've done a few doodles, but I have not drawn something every day. I miss it. Both of the prompts for the creativity group were photo-based. The first one was to create something based on a song title, and a list of titles was provided. I couldn't think of anything to draw, but the title "Writing on the Wall" caught my eye, and reminded me of some graffiti I took a photo of in Chania. I Snapseeded it, and here's the result:


The second prompt was to take a photo of your car without making it seem like a photo of a car. Here's what I did:


Here's a Pinterest project I did. It is simple; it was what I could manage this week:


I wish I'd used my sparkly gel pens to fill in the hearts and stars. That would have been fun.

There are a few things I'm looking forward to next week. On Wednesday, the book club is doing an Author Talk via Zoom with Wanda M. Morris. She has two novels, and the club has read both of them. Also on Wednesday, Jill the Artist is having a creativity workshop. Sadly, it is at the same time as the Author Talk, so I'll be participating in the Author Talk live, and I'll do the creativity workshop when she posts the recording, probably on the weekend. I'm planning to record blooms at Red Butte Garden on Thursday. I'm excited to get back up there and start my volunteer season. I am also thinking about going to the Salt Lake Bees baseball game on Sunday afternoon if the weather is nice. I didn't go to any games last season, and I missed it. 

Know what else I'm going to do this week? I'm going to make sure all the 'fits I'm planning for the trip actually look decent. Right now I've got four tops I'm planning on taking, so I need one more. I've got the magic pants, a pair of jeans, and a black skirt for bottoms. Those five tops need to work with all three bottoms for maximum outfit pairings. I've got a couple of layering pieces: a denim jacket and a cardigan sweater that will work with everything.  I've got two maxi dresses, also, and three pairs of shoes. I'm also taking a rain jacket. I think that's going to be it for clothing. I'm also planning to take some art stuff, like a sketch book and pens. Exciting!

Have a great week. Be safe and have fun!

1 comment:

Kteach said...

Very pretty doodles.

I want to congratulate you for writing the blog often. I enjoy reading it, your post are fun and interesting.
I should write more!!!