Sunday, January 7, 2024

#2875 the end of week 1

Hello from snowy SLC. It's been snowing most of the day. There's not a lot of accumulation in my yard, but it is cold, and I can see that the roads are slick. I've been feeling a little under the weather this weekend, so I didn't leave the house. I went out in the backyard with the dogs for about 10 minutes yesterday, and today I took the garbage out. I guess I figure if I didn't have to go anywhere, why would I?

When I wrote on Wednesday, I mentioned my No-Spend January challenge. As of today, I am seven for seven - no restaurant spending so far this month! I did go to Dutch Bros on Wednesday, and paid with money I had on the app, and I had Starbucks on Thursday, also paying with the app that had funds on it. Other than that, I haven't been to a restaurant or fast food place this week. It is a minor miracle, to be honest. I almost caved yesterday. MT went to Pocatello for the day, and it would have been so easy to hop in the car and hit a drive through, I didn't, though. I figured something out to eat at home, and I was fine. It is tough. The dependence on fast food is strong. 

This week had a really big day in it. The third of January is the day my dad passed away. It has been six years that he's been gone. I think about him at least a little bit every day. There are some days that I find myself talking to him (in my head) as if he were sitting with me. He is missed.

On January 3, just three years ago, we adopted our sweet lab, Harley. She is the snuggliest dog in our little pack. She's totally mellow until people come over or she gets to go for a ride or for a walk, then she's loses her doggie mind with joy and excitement. I'm glad she's here. Her arrival really calmed Mac down, so I'm grateful to MT for suggesting we get another dog.

The first week of the year at work is all about closing the books on the previous year. I was busy, but it was manageable. I am working just eight hours a day, and it's good. 

Usually I like to share some art on Sunday.  My doodles this week were lack-luster - the prompts were kind of lame. Not Jill's prompts; I don't consider those doodle prompts. Jill's prompts usually push me to work a little harder on the art, and it is more fulfilling. The little daily doodle prompts I find are to keep drawing something. This week's doodle prompts are: evergreen tree, bare trees, pinecone, cardinal, snowflake, snowballs, and icicles. Feel free to doodle and share, if you want!

I also find a lot of art that I'd like to try my hand at on Pinterest. I think I'd like to do a Pinterest- inspired project once a week or so, and maybe even practice sketching from a photo or something. I find that I can totally lose all sense of time when my pens, paints, and sketchbook come out. Drawing and painting have been a fun hobby. I'm glad to be doing it. 

What am I looking forward to this week? On Thursday night, MT will come with me to the Red Butte Garden volunteer reception. This year, the reception will be held at the Natural History Museum. We haven't had the reception at this venue before. The reception is always fun. On Saturday, Jill is having a workshop called "Let's Talk Creativity."  Other than that, it's back to five days of work, two at home and three in the office. We are supposed to get more snow this week. I also still need to clear out some Christmas decorations. (teehee)

You know what else is on my mind? Making my house a little more cozy. I haven't spent a lot of time or energy making my house cozy, like with lighting or pillows or...oh, I don't know. I just feel like nesting, I guess. We'll see where that goes. 

Ok, that's all for tonight. Have a great week. Take care of yourselves and be nice to you.

xo



No comments: