Wednesday, September 19, 2012

#771 Survivor!

I have a confession to make...I like reality TV and one of my favorite reality TV shows is Survivor. For one thing, I like to see the places they go to film the show. The places are almost always beautiful and wild. There always seems to be a lot of snakes and horrible bugs. Most of the time, the show is on a beach and the water is amazingly clear and blue and gorgeous. Another thing I like is to watch how the people behave in the crazy situation they are in. The politics and social game is interesting to me. Yes, I know a lot of the story lines and the creation of heroes and villains is due to editing, but I still like it.  I enjoy watching the challenges the contestants have to do and I marvel at the people who thought that crap up. Genius!

Here is another confession...I absolutely would NOT want to be a contestant on Survivor. I can't swim. I don't want to go to the bathroom in the jungle. I don't want to strip down to my undies when my clothes are all yucky. I would not want to be forced into a false friendliness with complete strangers. It would be perfectly awful for me. My husband, on the other hand, would LOVE to be on Survivor. We have thought about completing an entry form and doing whatever it takes to get him on the show. Whether or not he would do well is up for debate, but that's another story for another time.

This is the 25th season of Survivor. I have not watched all 25 seasons. I watched the first season, then I didn't watch for awhile, but I bet I've watched at least the last six or seven seasons in a row. I was pretty excited to see the first episode tonight.

Now, this isn't going to be one of those sites that recaps the show in a clever way. I don't take notes or anything. I fold laundry and play with my dog and play on my beloved iPhone, but I mostly pay attention to the show. 

This season looks like it could be good. Instead of two teams, there are three. There are three former Survivor contestants who were medically eliminated from their respective seasons who have returned for another go at the million dollars. There are two famous people - a former child/teen star and a former Major League Baseball player. There is the requisite player from Utah and  I'm sure there is someone who is gay or lesbian. There are very attractive people and people who aren't so beautiful but are probably very interesting. Already there are alliances and scheming and it's all so wonderful! Can't wait to find out who will have a "shomance" this season!


No comments: