Saturday, September 29, 2012

#781 shopping

I'm going back to work on Monday, so I decided I wanted something new to wear. Here's the thing, and it sounds kind of dumb, but it's true: I don't like to have anything touching my scar. It doesn't hurt when something touches it, but it creeps me out a little. Heck, I'm just getting where I can touch the darn thing.

The other night I went to a thing at T's school and I pulled on a pair of jeans. It was the first time I'd worn regular clothes in a month and a half, which was sad enough. Anyway, most of my jeans are bootleg cut, which means they are fitted around the thigh and knee and flare out (to fit over a boot) just below the knee. So for the hour that we were at the event at the school, the denim was rubbing on the scar and I was unhappy.

So tonight I went over to Kohls to see if I could find some straight leg jeans or some soft khakis or something that I could stand. I tried on so many things, you wouldn't believe. Finally, I decided that the only thing that would do is a skirt. I found a couple of skirts, but then I had to find a top to wear with it because I was already tired of all my tops and I can't exactly wear t-shirts with skirts to work. Then I also had to buy a pair of shoes because I don't usually wear skirts and I don't exactly have any shoes to go with skirts I don't wear, right? I also needed some new, ahem, undergarments, so long story short, I was at Kohls for like two hours and bought kind of a lot of stuff.

AND, I did find a pair of jeans that doesn't even touch my knee. They are from the men's department, but I think they look ok on me. I'll let you know if anyone notices.

After all that shopping, walking around the store, standing around looking through clothes racks and trying stuff on, my knee was swollen and painful tonight. (Also, I worked the crap out of my knee today, trying to get good bending.) We popped in a movie, I filled up the ice bucket and strapped the cuff around my leg, took a pain pill and now I feel ok.

No comments: