Monday, October 29, 2012

#793 it's been a long day


T is trying out for the basketball team next week and he likes to go to the gym to shoot baskets. He's been over there the past couple of Saturdays. He asked me if I was going to the gym in the morning, and he said he would come with me. My alarm went off at 4:45 AM and after I laid there, contemplating getting up at the border of night and morning, I decided to get up, put my contacts in, brush my teeth and do the right thing by my son. I'd be happy for him to be on the basketball team, and I'll do whatever I can to help him (short of playing against him. I just don't think my new knee can handle that just yet). But guess what? When I asked T if he still wanted to go, he said no.

I wasn't surprised.

Now I had to decide. Should I crawl back in my nice, warm, soft bed and sleep for another hour, or should I just get myself to the gym and get back into a routine?

I went to the gym.

Even though I've spent some time at the gym over the past few weeks, it felt good to get back to the morning workout.  Don't worry, Mom, I take it easy when I'm there. Today I rode the bike for 20 minutes, and did the elliptical machine for about 10 minutes. Easy settings, too, not much resistance. I'm still building back those muscles around my knee. The bending and straightening is still going well. I feel like I'm walking better, mostly limp-free and I'm picking up speed, too. :)

The downside is that it's 9:15 and I am ready for bed. I'll get on FB and play some games and that will surely keep me up until 10:00. 

T did practice basketball today after school with his friends, so everything worked out just fine.


No comments: