Tuesday, November 19, 2013

#1053 happy birthday Lizzie!

Today is my little sister's birthday! She's an adult now, of course, but she'll always be my little sister.

We are about five and a half years apart in age, but there are only the two of us, so we hung out a lot together when we were growing up. We played Barbies together and rode bikes and played school. When we were older, we played tennis together. Yeah, it wasn't always Barbies and tennis, but it was mostly good, I think.

When we got older, my sister would come out to Idaho to visit for spring break. Later, I would go visit her in San Diego to spend time and hang out. We used to meet in Las Vegas for a couple of days of relaxing and drinking and fun. That was before I got married and had T :)

Now we are both employed and have responsibilities and don't get to see each other very often. Maybe that's why it's so special when we do get to spend time together!

For my birthday this year, she totally surprised me by being in my dining room when I got home from work. I wish I could have done something like that, but it really isn't possible for me at this point. So I'll just have to wish her a very happy birthday from my couch in SLC and hope that she is having a fantastic, wonderful and fun-filled day.

I miss you, Lizzie! You are the best! Love you a whole bunch! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


2 comments:

Kteach said...

Very nice post Sandy :)

Anonymous said...

Love you, Sandy!