Friday, December 6, 2013

#1067 slow-mo Friday

I have been in slow motion today. Maybe the extremely cold temperatures have seeped into my bloodstream, causing everything to slow down. At work, routine things seemed to take twice as long as they should have. I couldn't seem to get focused and stay on task. Maybe it was just that the first four days of the week were so busy and I was really on track and today there were no deadlines and no adrenaline and it was natural to just chill.

I wasn't the only one feeling this way, either. Many of my co-workers told me they were just plain out of go-juice today. It's been a busy year.

So I told my boss that I had nothing left to give and left an hour early. I got home, talked to MT, then crawled under the covers and took a little nap. It felt pretty good.

After an easy dinner and a movie here at home, I'm thinking about putting on some pajamas and some warm socks and going to bed. Reading until I fall asleep and the book hits me in the nose sounds good. Thankfully, I'm reading a paperback!

My plan for tomorrow is to do some Christmas shopping. It's supposed to snow, but it's so damn cold, it might be too frigid for snowflakes.

Stay warm, friends!

1 comment:

Kteach said...

I don't think I'd venture out when it's so cold!