Sunday, December 8, 2013

#1068 poor customer service makes me cranky

It must have snowed most of the night because when we woke up this morning, we were living in a winter wonderland. I bet there was at least six inches of snow on top of my car. Fortunately, it stopped snowing and the sun came out and though it was cold, it was really pretty. MT and T both went out and shoveled the driveway and the sidewalks, so I was glad.

Yesterday T and I went out to do a little Christmas shopping. It wasn't really as much fun as I thought it should have been. I didn't really have much that I wanted to buy, but there was one thing in particular that I did want. I bought a similar item at a store last year and the service was so good that I went back to the same store. Unfortunately, the personnel had changed and the service was terrible. I waited for about 20 minutes or so and ended up just walking out. That made me cranky and sort of ruined my jolly mood. I'll go to a similar store tomorrow to look for the gift. Hopefully I'll have better luck!

Poor customer service is one of my biggest pet peeves. I know it's stupid, but it's a pet peeve, right? I mean, you are working at a store and your job is to help people. What's the issue? I'm a people and I need help. Get your ass over there and help me. If you're busy with someone else, please acknowledge my presence and tell me you'll be with me in a minute. I'm not standing there for my damn health. GRRR

The next store I went to was full of excellent customer service and I felt a little better after spending some money there.

Anyway...

Now it's Sunday evening. I've got to get some laundry going. MT started a load of laundry this morning, but he seems to have abandoned it. He's got laundry in both the washer and the dryer. Another pet peeve of mine. Finish your damn laundry!

I think I need to be sweetened up a bit. I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies. I found a recipe on Pinterest (of course) that I really like.  Instead of flour, you use Bisquick  - you know, the pancake mix. The cookies have a delicious flavor. For dinner tonight, we're having meatballs and mashed potatoes. I'm going to attempt to make gravy. I don't have very good gravy-making skills, but I'll try.


No comments: