Saturday, December 14, 2013

#1071 steak for lunch

The past two days have been so nice, both weather-wise and people-wise. Yesterday, Friday, T went with my dad and I went with my mom and we each did our own thing. Mom and I had lunch at Black Angus. There is something so decadent about having a steak at lunch! Dad took T to Best Buy where T got a bunch of movies. I bet his movie collection is in the hundreds. At night, my sister got here. She brought my mom a chocolate raspberry cake from Extraordinary Desserts. It's my mom's favorite cake. It's a bit too chocolaty for me; I'm more of a a vanilla cake girl.

Today Lizzie and I took Dad to dialysis, then we sat out on the porch swing for a little bit. It was such a gorgeous day. It was hard to believe that Christmas is 11 days away. There was nothing winter-like about the weather here today.

We went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants in the area, El Cholo in La Habra. I had one of my most favorite restaurant meals: filet mignon tacos. The steak is so tender and flavorful! The tacos are served on soft corn tortillas along with slices of avocado, salsa and red onion. Seriously delicious. I had steak for lunch two days in a row! I must be livin' right :)

This afternoon we have all just been chillin' out. T has been watching movies on the computer. Lizzie and I thought about napping, but we ended up staring at the TV and zoning out. Dad was hanging out with us. And Mom...well she was making another of my favorite things - her delectable corn beef/roast beef tacos. I've never tried to make them. They look easy and they are worth the time. Maybe I'll put making them on my 2014 to-do list.

And we still have a whole day to hang out together tomorrow. It's supposed to be another beautiful day, so I plant to make the most of it!

Hope you are having a great weekend, too!


1 comment:

Kteach said...

You and Lizzie are the bestest daughters ever!!!! Love you mucho mucho!!! :)