Monday, January 6, 2014

#1084 kitchen renovation day 1

When I left for work this morning, my kitchen looked like this:



When I got home from work, it looked like this:



Doesn't Osi look sad and confused?

Yes, I knew all of this was going to happen. MT is going to renovate our kitchen. We (and when I say we I mean MT) are going to put new formica on the counter-tops. He's going to put in a new sink and faucet and maybe install a new garbage disposal. He's also going to put a backsplash on the window wall to that back corner that you can see in the Osi picture.

How long will all of this take? I have no idea. MT says he thinks he can get the counter-tops done in a week. I usually double his estimate on everything (time and money) but he's pretty good, so maybe I'll go ten days.

That's ten days without cooking because the stove is now sitting in the front room, right next to the refrigerator. T thinks it's fun to have the fridge in the front room. It's also ten days without doing dishes because MT's going to be turning off the water in the kitchen tomorrow.

I really hate disruption and change. I am dreading the process, but I am really looking forward to enjoying the results. Also, I'm kind of in awe of the fact the MT can actually do all this stuff. That's pretty amazing! See the tile on the floor? He put that in, too, awhile ago. Talented!

And another bonus? I'll have something to write about every day as I chronicle the progress!

2 comments:

Kteach said...

WOW, I'll enjoy reading the step by step developments :)

emtes said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress of the kitchen.
We did our kitchen 9 years ago. We talked about the other day and we both said we can't believe it has already been 9 years. We did changed the kitchen completely. Everything was ripped out and then new units and all apppliences was installed by Hasse and Jonas. They really did a great job! It took 3 weeks.
Good luck.
Hugs Mia