1. Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons? Who would have thought to put them together? Brilliant! It was by far my favorite performance of the night.
2. Poor Kacey Musgraves. She had to follow the best performance of the night. I couldn't focus on her music at all because I was so put off by her dress and Christmas light cowgirl boots.
3. P!nk is fit.
4. This comment makes me feel a little blasphemous, but I'll say it anyway. As much as I like and admire Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, they did not sound good last night. There seemed to be some confusion and it just made me feel unhappy.
5. While I'm speaking of sounding bad, I'll mention Madonna. I did not understand a) why she had to get on in there during the Macklemore song/mass wedding and b) what the heck she was wearing. Why? WHY?
6. Other than Kendrick/Imagine Dragons, there were a couple of other performances that stood out for me, and they both involved singers and pianos. I loved John Legend singing All of Me. It is such a beautiful, sweet love song. I also really enjoyed the Carole King/Sarah Barreilles duet.
7. Speaking of pianos, let's talk about Taylor Swift. I like Taylor. I thought she looked pretty and she sounded good, but what was up with all that head flipping? She looks possessed.
8. Our musical heroes are getting old and sounding that way. I already mentioned Willie, Kris and Madonna, but Stevie Wonder struggled a little. Ringo has never had a great voice. Paul sounded ok.
9. I like Lorde and her music. Her lurching moves while singing kind of freak me out.
10. Pharrell's hat. Enough said.