Wednesday, January 29, 2014

#1106 dancing

I'm not sure what made me think of this today, but I realized something. I haven't danced around, even by myself in my house, for a long time. Why not? I miss it.

One of the fun things I like about Ellen is when she dances at the start of her show and most of her guests come out and do a little dance, too. Everyone looks so happy. If you look at almost any videos of people dancing, they are smiling and having fun. Except maybe ballerinas. Maybe they don't look happy because their feet hurt and they are hungry.

I think I'm going to challenge myself to dance a little bit, even to just part of a song, every day. Let's see if I can do it for a week. I'll start now! Won't you join me?





I'm not sure if this link works, but it's my song choice of the day. I just danced my little heart out and it was fun. I am not a good dancer. I'm an 80's girl and I had a lot of Carlton moves in there (remember Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air?) If you don't remember, please You Tube it. It's funny. I had that whole arm swing going. But it's like Dave Barry said:

Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

Of course, if you are dancing alone in your house and no one sees you, it doesn't matter anyway :)

Ooh! While I was looking for the Dave Barry quote, I saw another that I love:

Let us read and let us dance - two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.
 - Voltaire
Amen brother!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so weird because on my Unraveling, one of the three things I said I would do every day is dance. I haven't started yet. But now I'm inspired!