Sunday, February 2, 2014

#1109 Superbowl Sunday in the kitchen



Happy Superbowl Sunday! It's almost time for kick-off, but I thought I would take a few minutes before the game to write.

It's just the three of us here at home watching the game. We have never been much of a Superbowl party family. I actually like to watch the game, so I prefer to just hang out and watch. It is said that men like to watch the game and leave for snacks and potty breaks during the commercials and women like to watch the commercials. I like it all. I don't know when I'm going to have a potty break! ;)

Most of the time, we just have a bunch of snack-y foods during the Superbowl. This year is different. I spent the morning making lasagna at T's request. I really like to make and eat lasagna, but usually it's too dry. That was not the case today. It was saucy and extra cheese-y. It was not a pretty lasagna, but it tasted ok. We ate it around 2:30 or so.

After that meal was done, I started on another one. We'll eat it tomorrow, but it takes time to cook, so I'll cook it today and we'll eat it tomorrow. The recipe is "Continental Beef" from the freezer cookbook. I won't actually freeze the meal, though, like I said, we'll eat it tomorrow. MT wanted to have Swiss steak, but I couldn't find a recipe that sounded good, so I went with this beef. I think it will be good. I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, at the Superbowl, Denver messed up and got a safety on the very first snap. Get your act together Broncos!




No comments: