Saturday, June 14, 2014

#1200 unusual Saturday

1,200 posts. That's a lot of posts about nothing in particular. I've been thinking lately about not writing here anymore. I think I would miss it, though, but I often wonder why I keep doing it.

Today was kind of unusual. The three of us went to breakfast around 9 AM. What was unusual is that T was with us, awake way earlier than is normal for him on a Saturday. We went to a place called Kneaders in our neighborhood. They have delicious French toast and dad's could get free French toast today in honor of Father's Day. (Kneaders is closed on Sunday.)

After breakfast we went out to Scheels. It's a giant sporting goods store in Sandy. MT wanted to get some shorts and so did T. Scheels was having an awesome sale on swimming trunks - $7.50! and they are nice! - so T got a couple pairs of trunks and some shorts. It was a little spendy; the rest of the stuff they got wasn't as inexpensive at the swimming trunks. Everyone was happy, though, so it's all good. If you can believe it, I didn't leave that store with anything.

I had to take a nap after the Scheels experience. I was so tired.

In the afternoon T and I went to Target.  We picked up a birthday gift for my little friend Carter. We celebrated his fifth birthday today. I work with him mom (Kelsie) and she invited us over for the party. T stayed home (but he was very helpful in picking out the gift!), so MT and I went over. We had a good time. It was fun to chat and watch the little kids play games. When it got dark, Kelsie set up a projector outside and we watched Mulan. Very cool :)

A note about Mulan...When T was little, he loved this movie and we watched it

The only part that wasn't cool was that it was so cool. We have had gorgeous warm weather except for today when I doubt it even hit 72 degrees. It was pretty chilly outside tonight. The kids were all burrowed under blankets and they looked warm and happy. Kelsie brought out blankets for the grown-ups too, so it wasn't too bad until it was time to get up. BRRRR.

Good times :)

PS Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

Pappy1 said...

Keep on writing please. It is a connection with you that I enjoy very much.

emtes said...

I second that!

I really enjoy your blog as the others in the family.

Since I'm so far away it's a way to at least have a feeling of sharing your day-to-day life which I appreciate immensly.

Love you and I sure hope you keep it up.

Puss och kram
Aunt Mia :-)

Lizzie said...

I want you to keep blogging, too! It gives me a look into your life that I really like!