Thursday, June 12, 2014

#1199 why I thought yesterday was Thursday

OK. Ummm...so today is Thursday. I posted my Throwback Thursday a day early. For real, I thought yesterday was Thursday night. I posted it on FB and here. I really believed it. In fact, I didn't realize that today was Thursday until this morning when I was thinking about what was going on today. I was a little crushed. It's been a long week and I guess I just felt like I'd already had four days of work.

On Monday T started driver's training classes. He has class from 7 AM to 9 AM, and then he can drive from 9 - 11.  He has to drive a certain number of hours and observe by riding along for another certain number of hours. I drop him off at the school and then I go on to work, so I'm usually at work by 7:30. If I were to work an eight hour day, I would leave at 4:30, but in the summer I typically work more than eight hours. At least I'm taking breaks for lunch.

I got home late on Monday and I think I did something, but I don't remember. (Man, sometimes the memory is just not what it used to be!)

T went to a rap show on Tuesday night. I dropped him and his friend Ruben off at Saltair to see/hear Tech N9ne. That's pronounced Tek Nine. The boys texted me at 11:00 to pick them up at 11:30. I had fallen asleep on the couch but had woken up in time to watch some of The Tonight Show. Thankfully the venue isn't far from the house, so that's nice. The boys left the show while Tech N9ne was still on. He didn't come out until after 10 and both T and Ruben had stuff to do in the morning. We got home around midnight, and then it took me an hour or so to get to sleep. The alarm went off way too soon at 5:30. I was a tired mess on Wednesday which is probably why by the end of the night I was sure it was Thursday.

I feel better today and am resigned to the fact that tomorrow is actually Friday.

T and MT have gone to see the new Tom Cruise movie. I think they went to the theater that just opened, maybe today, in our neighborhood. I can't even tell you how cool it is that we have a movie theater right down the road. Instead of taking 20 - 30 minutes to get to the cinema, it will take 7 - 10 minutes. :) It's the little things that make me smile.

I'm hanging out watching basketball and doing laundry. I decided to write early because I would like to be in bed by 10 at the latest. I always say that but it rarely happens. Maybe tonight, though. It's good to have a goal.

I finished a book! Check out the 2014 Reading Page.


1 comment:

Kteach said...

Never heard of Tek9, but I hope they enjoyed it.
I hope T enjoyes the driving classes, I am sure he will love to get his license!