Friday, January 30, 2015

#1363 three things: vacation! twins! a new stove!

Only one of these things applies to me. Can you guess which one it is? It's time for three things!

1. Vacation! Not for me though. Tonight my friend Kelsie and her husband are on their way to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. I'm brimming with jealousy! We have never been to Punta Cana, but it's certainly somewhere we would like to visit. We have been to the DR twice and loved it both times. I hope Kelsie and Josh have a fantastic vacation.

2. Twins! Nope, this one isn't me either. My friend Nicole and her husband are expecting twins later this year! They just found out yesterday.  They were planning on one baby, but the ultra-sound showed two babies. Her little boy Kellen turn three this summer, so she'll have three little ones. Nicole said she was laughing and crying at the same time during the appointment. Then she told me that she blamed me. Me? She said that when she was pregnant with Kellen I told her that she would be my friend with the twins. I don't remember saying that, but it sounds like something that would come out of my mouth. I'm excited for their family. I hope she has a good pregnancy.

3. A new stove! Yes, I'm getting a new stove tomorrow. We've had several people that have come in to our house say they smell gas. It happened today and MT finally called a plumber that he knows and had him come over to test the house. The plumber, we'll call him Brandon, determined that our stove was just worn out. We've been in the house for nearly 13 years and the stove came with the place. I didn't know gas stoves could wear out, but I guess they do. MT bought a new stove today and it will be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

As glad as I am to get a new stove and as happy as I am for Nicole, I would rather trade places with Kelsie!


No comments: