Sunday, March 8, 2015

#1385 struggle

Today was a struggle. I really, really wanted something sweet: a donut, a brownie, some ice cream - and I almost never want ice cream. I was at the grocery store and it seemed like there were cupcakes  and cookies on every aisle. I found myself in the cereal aisle staring longingly at a box of Frosted Flakes. I texted my friends and they helped me stay strong, but man, it was tough. Only three more Sundays to go until April 5. I can do this.

The other struggle was to get anything done. I woke up at 8AM but because of the time change it was already 9AM. I still laid in bed for a little bit, looking at stuff on my phone, then I took a shower and went to yoga. (Third class this month!) After yoga, I had an appointment for some girl maintenance: brows, mani & my first pedicure of the year. I came home for a late lunch, then I was going to do some laundry, go to the grocery store, pay the bills, but none of that happened. I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. I went to my bed intending to take a 3o minute nap, but it ended up being around 90 minutes. I felt better though. I did get to the grocery store, but all those other things...well, they will have to be done through the week.

Now it's time to get ready for bed and I am really looking forward to crawling between the sheets, turning off the lights and turning on my white noise app for seven minutes until I fall blissfully, peacefully asleep. I only wish that I had changed my sheets this weekend (on the list, but didn't get done.) Oh well.

No comments: