Saturday, March 7, 2015

#1384 three things: car repairs, shoes and success

1. Expensive: Yesterday the "check engine" light came on in T's car. We took it over to the shop today. $476 later, the light is out and the car is fixed. Something about running lean and oxide something or other. There is nothing for it though, is there? My baby is driving that car. It had to be fixed. New

2. New shoes! I finally went to Famous Footwear to get some new shoes. I got some Vans and some shoes to wear to the gym. The best part was that I had a 15% off coupon, a $25 reward from the store for being a loyal customer and I had the gift card that MT gave me for Christmas. I didn't have to spend a penny from my pocket and I still have some money left on the gift card.

3. Good news. I took the final in my cruise class today and I aced it! No, it wasn't very hard, but I'm glad I did well and that it's done. Next class starts on Monday. It will be Hotels and Lodging. Also, I was down 2.4 lbs this week! YAHOO!! That got me a five-pound star which is thrilling (I love those little stickers. I need more of them.) To celebrate, I bought myself a bottle of Essie nail polish. I decided Essie polish would be my five lb reward. It might sound silly, but I really like nail polish, although I rarely do my nails. I just like to have it around. Essie is a brand that is kind of expensive, so buying it is a treat worthy of a five pound star.

~~~

Don't forget to set your clocks one hour ahead tonight. When you wake up at 8AM, it will really be 9AM. So strange. And necessary? I don't know, but we do it anyway.

1 comment:

Kteach said...

Congratulations on your weight loss, staying off sweets also help :)