Tuesday, May 5, 2015

#1428 all about what I did tonight

The hours after I am done at the office fly by so quickly!

Tonight I worked until about 5:30, then I changed into shorts and a t-shirt and walked around the track at work. The office sits on a large piece of property and there is/was a big empty field behind the building. For several years, some of the ladies in the office asked if it would be possible to put in a walking track in the field. I guess the guys were tired of hearing about the darn track because this spring, a small crew of guys prepped the area and put down some gravel and created a quarter mile walking track out there. The ladies really seem to like it. Several of them walk around the track during breaks and at lunch time. I don't really like to walk during work. For one thing, I'm usually pretty busy but mostly, I am a person who sweats and I don't want to be sweaty at work.

But after work, sweat is fine. So like I said, I went for a walk. I set the timer on my beloved iPhone for 30 minutes and started walking and listening to music. I'm not a fast walker. I got around the track six or seven times; I lose count because I'm singing (in my head mostly) and walking and thinking. It was nice but kind of strange too. It was quiet and empty out there. It was all good though. I'm glad I did it. I'll probably do it again.

I stopped at Cafe Rio to pick up salads for dinner. Delicious.

After the meal, I had to clean up the kitchen. I didn't do the dishes and they were piling up. I hate to see dirty dishes in the sink in the morning and that's how I started the day. My kitchen is small and if there are dishes in the sink and stuff on the counter, it looks terrible.

With a clean kitchen and conscience, I came to look at stuff on my computer. I got on Facebook and noticed a link from Caribbean Journal listing the 25 best all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. I wrote the list down so I could Google the places during times when I feel like dreaming. The fun thing is that we have been to two of the resorts that were listed: Palm Island in St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Cayo Levantado in the Dominican Republic. Nice!

After looking at FB, I had to check out a news story I had seen earlier in the day about a 17 year old boy who ran over his mother. There had been a family argument and the boy got into his mom's car. The mom got in front of the car and he ran over her with the car and kept driving. He lost control of the car up the road a little and ran back to his house. The mom was pretty badly injured but will recover. The kid is in Juvenile Detention or whatever. Can you believe that? Yikes.

Now it is 9:30 and I think I'll go watch the end of the Warriors/Grizzlies basketball game before I call it a night.

Oh. And maybe I'll throw a load of laundry into the washer, too.

Have a good night!

No comments: