Wednesday, May 6, 2015

#1429 I'm so tired I'm kind of dizzy

I work in the business department of a big ol' construction company and we close the previous month's business during the first weeks of the next month. Every business day has deadlines that have to be met to close the different departments. The first day, we close out the billings for the materials. Second day is payables close. Third day is contract billing close. The fourth day is the final day to turn everything in and make journal entries and accruals for anything that was missed or didn't make the deadline. Today is the fourth business day. A lot of the stuff I am responsible for is due today and it takes me the three days before to get everything ready. What I'm saying is that the fourth business day is probably one of my busiest days of the month. I work on my computer the whole day long and usually it is a long day. When I get home, the last thing I want to do is log on my computer (although I will happily play on my beloved iPhone for an undisclosed period of time.)

Long story short (or long, maybe) is that I don't have much to say tonight. Other than to tell you about my month-end close deadlines, I guess. :) Also, I am extra tired tonight because I haven't been getting my full seven hours of sleep because of the basketball playoffs. I just can't quit watching the games. Tonight I turned off the TV to come upstairs to write a lot more words than I thought I would.

Yes, I know this is a lame post, but at least I checked in to whine a little. Talk to you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kteach said...

I got kind of dizzy myself reading about all the work you have to do :)