Sunday, May 17, 2015

#1440 raccoon prevention, showers and counting down to Hawaii

Usually on Sunday I write about the house that MT is fixing up and show photos. He did work on the house this week, but he wasn't over there today, so I didn't take any photos. MT had a terrible headache all day. He did go over to one of the other properties. The toilet was backed up, so the tenant took it upon themselves to pull the toilet to try to take care of the problem themselves. MT wasn't very happy because it made a lot of extra work for him. We usually have a company like Roto-Rooter come out to that house every spring to snake the drains. The house is in an old part of town with lots of old trees and the roots get into the lines and clog everything up. MT was over at that house replacing the toilet and also covering up a hole near the attic where a raccoon had tried to get into the house earlier in the week.

It's been a showerful weekend for me, and I'm not just talking about the weather, although it did rain every day. On Friday I attended a bridal shower at work for one of my co-workers who is getting married in June. Today I attended a baby shower for my friend Nicole who will be having twins in August. At Nicole's shower, we played a game where we had to guess the prices of various baby-related items. There were nine items on the list, and I missed every single one of them! It's has been awhile since I bought any baby items like diapers or bum-rash cream or bibs. :)

We had our cookie tasting day on Saturday. MT couldn't tell much of a difference between the two and neither could T. I liked the cookie with the vanilla pudding in it a bit more than the cream cheese recipe. I liked the extra vanilla flavor. T likes lots of chocolate chips in the cookies. MT just likes cookies. I think I'm over my cookie craving for a little while.

The Hawaii trip is coming right up! I count it down by weekends to go now. Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend and MT's birthday. The weekend after that is the last weekend of May - no plans. The weekend after that is my birthday weekend, then we leave! I have a few things to do to prepare:
  • I need to go through my bathing suits and see if there's anything I need or want.
  • I need to rent a car for our stay on Oahu. 
  • I need to go through my clothes and decide what I want to take.
  • I need to buy some sunscreen. I think it will be less expensive to buy it here and take it over. 
  • Another thing I want to do is look at some of the stuff we want to do and get an idea of how much money we're going to need. I've heard and read that Hawaii is not cheap. 
I'm sure there is some other stuff too, but those things jump to my mind. My travel agent, Candice, dropped off our trip packet on Friday. I love getting the trip packet because I know the trip is close and the packet has all the flight and lodging details. Plus cute luggage tags. :)

Hope you all had a great weekend! Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: