Monday, May 25, 2015

#1448 gym time, coconut oil hair treatment and wishing for four day work-weeks

A quick follow-up to yesterday's post:

I mentioned that MT had never read anything I've written here, so I asked him specifically to read what I wrote yesterday because I was worried that I wasn't accurately describing the work he was doing on the fixer upper. He said I was doing just fine, so I felt better! And since he was looking at the blog, he scrolled through and read some other posts, too. He didn't say anything about any of them, though.

Today is Memorial Day, a day to honor the fallen heroes and to remember our loved ones that have passed. I will confess that I didn't do much memorializing. I did enjoy having the day off from work, though! I started out the day at the gym. It's been a long time since I did back-to-back classes, but I decided to give it a try today. I did an hour-long spinning class, then a 75 minutes Zumba class. I won't lie: I was tired and a little stiff in the joints when it was over. It felt good, though, and I'm glad I did it, especially because I haven't been very good at watching my food intake this weekend.

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I think it was mostly because I was really full from the feast I made for MT's birthday dinner. I cooked rib-eye steaks, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and potatoes with onion. I also made a killer chocolate cake (I think I mentioned all this yesterday.) So I ate heartily, and was very full. T went to see a late movie with a friend, and I always have a hard time sleeping when he isn't home. I had just fallen asleep when he got home, so then I was awake again, so I looked at Pinterest. I saw something about using coconut oil as a hair moisturizing treatment. I happen to have some coconut oil in my cupboard (from Trader Joe's!)  so this morning after my workout, I decided to try out the coconut oil hair treatment.

All I did was put some coconut oil on my hair, paying special attention to the ends. I use heating tools almost every day, and my hair was looking a little like straw. After I was coated with coconut oil, I wrapped a towel around my head and sat around reading for about half an hour. I took a nice shower and washed my hair twice to make sure I got all the oil out. I didn't bother with conditioner. My hair is soft and clean and looks good. I let it dry naturally, too, so I think that helped. I will definitely do the coconut oil treatment again.

The rest of the day was pretty lazy. MT was at the fixer upper; T was mostly here at the house. I had to take a nap this afternoon. It was luxurious. Kids just don't know how good they have it with nap-time. I've been reading a lot today. I intended to watch some movies this weekend, but that didn't happen. I like my book too much, I guess.

What a lovely weekend! I wish we had three day weekends all the time.

No comments: