Monday, September 7, 2015

#1514 Taylor Swift and the rest of the Labor Day weekend

Oh! Hey! Hi! Hello! I'm still here. I've had a nice busy Labor Day weekend and haven't had time to write. Let's see if I can fill in some of the details and we'll get caught up.

On Friday, T and I went to see Taylor Swift's 1989 concert here in Salt Lake City. It is the second time we have seen Taylor. She's a good performer and her fans, mostly young girls, are really into it so there is a lot of energy in the arena. The opening act was a guy named Vance Joy. I didn't know who he was, but he sings a song called Riptide that I've heard on the radio. He's Australian.  All the guy had to say was "Taylor Swift" and the screaming was deafening. At one point he asked everyone with a phone to shine their light. It looked like this:

Pretty cool.

Taylor came out around 8:30. She looked great. She sang and danced around with the twelve guy dance troupe she had. She performed most of the songs from the 1989 album and a few of her other hits. What was cool was that she changed up how the older hits sounded. For example, she did Trouble in a deep voice and really slow. I didn't even recognize it at first. She performed We Are Never Getting Back Together with an electric guitar and she made the song sound angry. Loved it.  A cool thing that she had was that every seat had a bracelet taped to it. The bracelets were somehow programmed to flash different colors in time to the music. It was pretty awesome. I'd never seen anything like it. Here's what it looked like at one part of the show:

 She had a cool stage, too. There was a long catwalk part that as you can see above, actually lifted up and it rotated. Cool as hell. I liked this concert review from the Deseret News.

So that was fun. We got home late Friday night, so that's why I didn't write.

On Saturday I met my BFF LA in Layton to do a little shopping. Her husband was working this weekend and she wanted to do something but had a commitment on Sunday for church, so this was our solution. We had lunch then walked around the mall and Kohls for several hours. It was fun to hang out.
The only bad thing was that she looked great and I felt schlumpy next to her. It made me feel sad, so I went to bed super early. I did buy a really great cardigan, though.

On Sunday I took Osi to be groomed. She was looking pretty shaggy and I knew she would be way furry by the time I got back from my trip and that the boys wouldn't take her in to the groomer. I also went to the groomer, of sorts. I went to the Spa Club and got a manicure, pedicure, and had my brows tamed. All of that had to be done. In the evening, MT and I went to see The Transporter Refueled. It isn't the type of movie I typically choose, but I was sort of in the mood for mindless gratuitous violence and action.

Today I have been mostly puttering around the house. This morning I made a list of five things that I wanted to do: clean the bathroom (done), pack (mostly done), laundry (mostly done), go to the grocery store (done) and pay the bills (in progress).

MT spent Saturday and Sunday at the fixer upper. I've got some photos to show you, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to share. I also want to show you the nifty way I packed my suitcase, but I'll wait for that, too.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Only four days of work this week and on Saturday, I'm off to California and Sunday, I'm going to Spain! These next four days are either going to fly or drag. I don't think anything will be normal speed. :)

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: