Thursday, September 3, 2015

#1513 TBT football with T


As I was sitting on my comfy couch watching the Utes game on my big-ass TV tonight, I was grateful to be at home because the stadium was packed and it's kind of a hassle to get up there and back home. If you drive, parking is hard to come by and it takes a long time to get off the hill. If you take the train, they are always packed after the game and it's not that much fun to wait on the crowded platform.

It is fun to be at the game in person, though. There's always a lot of excitement and energy in the air. The Utah fans are really into the team. The MUSS - the Mighty Utah Student Section - has crazy amounts of energy and enthusiasm. The third down jump when the Utes are on defense is something to see and feel. It's like the whole place shakes when that section starts jumping.

Excitement levels around the U have been extra high since the Utes joined the Pac12 conference. I actually haven't been to a Utah game since they joined the Pac12 a few years ago. Huh. I've watched the games on TV, though.

Seeing the crowd on TV tonight got me thinking about the first Utah game I attended. I was able to get tickets through my work; I think they had purchased a block of seats for employees. I got a pair of tickets and took T with me. It was in 2007, so T was nine. I don't remember who the opponent was, but I do remember that it was pretty cold, but it was also November, so that makes sense. I'm pretty sure we rode the train and we left early, but we had fun.


1 comment:

Kteach said...

You both look happy!