Monday, September 5, 2016

#1748 simple pleasure Monday : relaxing

I was a little bit more active today than yesterday, but thinking back on yesterday, it was pretty perfect. Sometimes the very best thing to do is hang out and rest which is exactly what I did. I had a little more of that today, too. I have mostly been just puttering around today and I took a great nap. Hopefully I will still be able to sleep tonight.

Now that I think about it, today's simple pleasure is giving yourself permission to just chill, to relax, to not worry about getting something done. I tend to be very task-oriented. I have my to-do lists and I don't feel happy with myself if I don't check everything off the list. It can be hard for me to recognize when I need to back off and just let it go. When I do recognize it and actually do it, though, it's pretty great.

I hope you all had a great weekend! 

No comments: