Friday, March 3, 2017

#1827 not my usual Friday night fare

For the past many Friday nights, MT and I have binge watched the series The West Wing. We really enjoy the show and we enjoy hanging out and watching it on Friday nights. (Man! We're getting old!)

Tonight, though, we are not watching The West Wing. I turned on the TV at 8 PM and happened to find that our local PBS station was showing Hamilton's America, a documentary about the acclaimed Broadway musical Hamilton.

I have become slightly obsessed with Hamilton. I know I'm late to the party, but I'm often a late-adapter. T was all over Hamilton when it first came out. He had the CD and totally bought in to the whole phenomena. I remember him telling me about it and I half-listened but didn't check it out. I don't even really remember what triggered my interest and excitement and mini-obsession, but now I'm all in.  I got T to homeshare the Hamilton CD and the Hamilton Mix Tape CD on iTunes. I started following Lin-Manuel Miranda on Twitter. He's witty and sharp, clever and sweet. He is also incredibly talented and inspiring.

For Christmas I bought T the book Hamilton the Revolution. I have been happily reading the book, listening to the music as I read and shaking my head at the originality of it all. It's awesome. I don't know if T has looked at it at all. He's on to other things that I'll probably like in a couple of years.

The documentary is interesting and has made me want to see the musical in person. The show will be coming to SLC during the 2017 - 2018 season. I'm pretty sure it will be nearly impossible to get tickets. I had to wait for Wicked to come through twice before I got a ticket for that show.

MT wasn't as enamored with the documentary as I am. He went up to bed. I think he was disappointed that we didn't watch The West Wing. We'll have to watch extra episodes tomorrow.

Happy weekend!

No comments: