Monday, March 27, 2017

#1845 simple pleasure Monday: rainy day shopping at Trader Joe's

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the simple pleasure of driving with the window down and feeling the gentle spring air flowing through my car. There was no having the window down today though. It rained hard most of the morning and into the afternoon. The water flowing through the gutters were curb-high and the drains were overflowing onto the roads in some places.

Of course I decided it was a perfect day to zip over to Trader Joe's on my lunch break. (I drove carefully, Mom.) The good part about it was that the store had very few other customers. It's usually super busy, but I guess no one wanted to come out in the rain.

It was nice not to have to wait to get to the orange chicken or to wade through the people to get to the produce. I was able to stroll through the aisles without getting run into by little kids pushing those little carts or having to weave through the people in the frozen aisle.

I was planning to pick up something specifically, but I chose not to get it. I will tell you more about that item on Wednesday. How's that for a teaser?!

I always try to find something that I've never had before at Trader Joe's and today's item was macarons.


I fell for macarons when Lizzie and I were in New Orleans last year. The macarons from Sucre were extremely delicious. I'm not under any delusion that these frozen treats from Trader Joe's will be anything like the fresh little cookies from Sucre, but I'll give them a try. On Saturday. I'm trying to curb my sweet tooth to weekends only. It didn't work out very well today, but I'll be stronger the rest of the week. Check back on Saturday for a full macaron report. (Another teaser!)


No comments: