Sunday, March 26, 2017

#1844 time flies when you're watching basketball

I was not good at posting every day this month. How have I not posted anything the last three days? I would recap, but there's nothing really exciting to tell you about.

I've been watching the NCAA men's basketball tournament. Thursday and Friday the Sweet Sixteen teams played. Thursday was pretty exciting with three of the four games being decided by a total of six points. On Friday the most exciting game was the last one of the night: Wisconsin and Florida went to overtime and a last second three pointer won it for Florida. Yesterday and today were the Elite Eight games. The two games yesterday weren't very exciting although I was surprised that #3 Oregon beat #1 Kansas. Today the most exciting game was Kentucky and North Carolina. That game went down to the wire with UNC winning by two. Next Saturday is the Final Four and the National Championship is a week from tomorrow. Good times.

Mostly this weekend I've been reading an cleaning up a little. I finished a couple of books. Have you checked out my 2017 Reading page? I keep track of all the books I read and offer a mini review. Lately I have been reading two books at a time: an actual book and an ebook. There are so many books I want to read!

A week ago Friday I talked about making corned beef/roast beef tacos. I'm sorry to say they did not turn out well. The flavor was good because the meat mixture is yummy, but the tortilla delivery was not good. The baked tacos looked more like sandwiches because the tortillas cracked and split while cooking. I did fry a couple and they came out okay, but I decided it was way more work than I wanted to do on a Tuesday night.

I hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments: