Tuesday, June 6, 2017

#1877 mid-life crisis?

I woke up this morning thinking that I want to have a different house and a new car.

That's about the time I decided that maybe I might be having a bit of a mid-life crisis.

I talked to one of my friends at work, James, who is the same age as me (well, he is a few months younger than I am) and after our talk I felt good and also kind of motivated. He and I want similar things in our older years and I was interested to hear about how he and his wife were going about identifying and planning what they want as they get older.
Mostly it made me think about what I want. Figuring out what I want has been missing for awhile. After I graduated from college, I got a job and settled into life with MT. He has always been the one with dreams and plans and I think that I have scooched along with my life. When T was born, all my energy and focus was on raising him and helping him along the way.

After my talk with James, I thought about things I want to do and even mentally started making lists in my head categorizing all my ideas. I got a pretty new hardbound notebook for my birthday that I think will be perfect for planning my mid-life transformation. As I was thinking about all this stuff, I remembered that the word I chose as my talisman this year was transformation. It all fits!

Maybe this will all blow over by the weekend, but I kinda think it won't. James says that he is a dreamer. I know that MT is a dreamer and he has a fancy little hardbound notebook that he writes his plans and schemes and dreams in. I want to be a dreamer too!

1 comment:

Pappy1 said...

Dreams are good. While I was in the Army I made plans about when my tour was over. I had access to a typewriter and typed it all out. When I got home I used my money to buy two grain harvesters and we created M. J. Wann and Sons Custom grain Harvesting. My Dad, Dewey, and me. I remember sitting with my Dad in the evening outside our little shop. Me telling him about what I saw in the future. He said he just couldn't see it. Later on I realized not everyone had a vision. I have always been able to visualize projects I wanted to do. Have not always been successful, but there were some.