Wednesday, June 7, 2017

#1878 WW Wednesday: I'm not there yet

Around the first part of May or maybe late April I declared my goal of reaching a weight of 199.9 by my birthday. Well, unsurprisingly, I did not reach this goal. Yet. Just because I didn't reach the goal by a certain arbitrary day doesn't mean I am going to give up on the goal. I really just have to settle down and work on my plan and do the right thing.

The reason I say that not reaching the goal was unsurprising is that the weekend in Savannah was totally without boundaries when it came to food and drinks. I wrote a few weeks ago about how what you eat makes way more difference than how much you exercise (if you have a lot of weight to lose). While we were in Savannah, Lizzie and I walked everywhere, racking up eight to nine miles a day on our feet. I ate and drank whatever I wanted and mostly I want non-healthy type foods. I wasn't looking at portions and I wasn't looking for lower calorie options, and I put on a couple pounds while we were there. It was all worth it and I wouldn't change a thing about the trip.

But, sadly, I'm not on vacation anymore and my birthday has come and gone and it's time to get serious about getting to Onederland. It's on my dream list and it's gonna happen and once I get to Onederland, I won't be going north on the scale ever again.


No comments: