Monday, September 11, 2017

#1927 Snap Judgement

Sometime in the last year or so I found a program on NPR called Snap Judgement. It is "storytelling with a beat". I hadn't really thought about oral storytelling before, but it is pretty freakin' dope. The program comes on my local NPR channel at 11 AM on Saturday. Sometimes I catch it, but most times I don't. But now I have figured out how to subscribe to the podcast on my beloved iPhone, and I can hear every episode!

Last year during October, Snap Judgement had daily Halloween-type episodes for a week. I really enjoyed those episodes. I have a fascination with the paranormal, I guess you could say. I don't like scary movies or these haunted houses that are theatrical productions where you get chased by zombies, guys with chainsaws or clowns, but a good ghost story is usually something I enjoy. I freely admit that the show Ghost Adventures is one of my most favorite TV shows. Sometimes the show is a little on the goofy side, but lots of times the crew finds things that make me say, "Hmmm."

Back to Snap Judgement, though. Now those fabulous people have come out with a new podcast: Snap Judgement presents Spooked. I listened to the first show today on my way home from work and it was a good one! Glynn Washington, the host of Snap Judgement, says that the stories are from real people which makes it even more fun.

Here's another fun fact: at the end of October, I will get to see Snap Judgement live here in SLC! They are doing an eight city tour and when I heard about it, I quickly bought a pair of tickets. One of my little fantasies is doing oral storytelling. I haven't done anything about it yet besides looking online to get some idea of how to go about getting started. It's just an idea. It will be fun to see storytellers doing their thing for real live and in person.

Side note: when I just looked on the SJ website to see how many cities were on the tour, I noticed that San Diego is one of the cities. Thoughts are percolating...


1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Are you thinking a little post-Thanksgiving visit? I'd be into it!