Saturday, September 9, 2017

#1926 three things: naps, hurricanes and football



1. Naps. I just woke up from a nap. It was just a mere 30 minutes worth of sleep, but it felt so good. I enjoy a siesta. I prefer to nap on my bed so I can fully stretch out and really relax as opposed to falling asleep on the couch. Maybe falling asleep on the couch reminds me of when I was recovering from my knee surgery. The couch was my usual nap spot then because that's where I spent most of my time. When I nap on my bed I usually set an alarm because I think I will sleep too long and not be able to sleep through the night. My point is, napping is good.

2. Hurricane watch. Irma is now making landfall in Florida. The latest track has the storm heading north and west, away from North Carolina, particularly the northernmost part of North Carolina where I will be heading next weekend. I hope everyone in Florida and in beautiful Savannah and Charleston (and all the other places the storm will travel) will be safe and I hope that Irma loses more and more strength as she comes the the U.S.

3. Football. We are now just a couple of hours away from kickoff in the #holywar - the football game between the University of Utah and Brigham Young University. This year the game is being played in Provo. I will be happily seated on my comfy couch, watching the game on my big-ass TV, belly full of grilled burger and pasta salad and munching on a cookie, cheering for the Utes. This football rivalry goes all the way back to the late 1800s and the teams have played it each other more than 90 times. Currently Utah has a six consecutive game winning streak. Here's hoping tonight is number seven! Go Utes!


1 comment:

Kteach said...

Agreed, naps rule!
Go Utes :)

I hope the hurricane does not cause as much havoc as they are saying...