Saturday, September 15, 2018

#2092 Saturday with Sandy

This week I have suffered from low-grade headaches. I wake up with them and they pretty much hang around all day. On Friday it was worse. I felt dizzy and nauseous on top of the dull ache that stayed in my head.

When I got home from work yesterday I took a little nap, then fixed myself some scrambled eggs for dinner and went back to bed. That was at 8:30. I slept soundly all night, sure that when I woke up on Saturday morning, I would be good.

This morning I did feel well rested, but the headache was still there and my stomach was a mess. :(

I took Osi to the groomer. I went to WW (down two lbs!) I picked Osi up from the groomer. I ate a little something since my stomach was growling. I read. Then I took a two hour nap.

You may be wondering if I spent time at Red Butte Garden today for my regular Saturday gig. I did not. My BFF LA was going to come visit this weekend, so I had a substitute fill in for me at the Garden. LA did not come over because I told her yesterday I wasn't feeling well and since she's planning a trip east to visit her son in a couple of weeks, she didn't want to risk getting sick. Can't blame her for that.

The headache is still lurking in the background. My tummy feels fine. Maybe part of the reason for the headache is that the air is extremely smoky here today. There is a big fire southeast of SLC and the smoke is hovering over the valley. I swear I could see it in the air as I was driving around this morning.

MT thinks that I wear myself out during the week. Maybe that's true.  I had a couple of late nights last week, but mostly I got to bed at reasonable times. I drank a lot of water and I ate pretty well. My friend  Kelsie also suffered from headaches last week and another of our friends at work left early on Friday because he wasn't feeling well. Maybe something is going around.

I have spent most of the day in bed or on the couch. I've been reading from three different books at various times. I'll probably do more laying around tomorrow too.


1 comment:

mamacita said...

I think you need to rest, you've been doing a lot of fun stuff lately and also work and keeping long hours. So take care, eat well, drink water and relax :)