Thursday, September 13, 2018

#2091 three things: books, concerts and the Carolinas


1. So many books. I went to the library on Tuesday because I got an email that a book I had on hold was available. I was excited to get it because I've been waiting for it for over a month. The thing is that when I got to the library, not only did I get the book I had on hold, but I picked up a couple of others as well. In addition, I had just bought a book that was highly recommended and I'm into that one pretty deep.  #Ekpesbookclub is starting the next book, so I've got a bunch of reading to do! YAY READING!

2. Concerts. The concert season at Red Butte Garden is winding down. There are just four shows this month and I have worked and enjoyed the first two shows very much. On Monday I went to see the band O.A.R. My friends Nicole and Austin are big fans of this band, so I was glad to hang out by them during the show. I thought I didn't know any of O.A.R.'s songs, but I was wrong. I knew one song called "Shattered (Turn the Car Around)". The thing is that I didn't think that was the best song they did. I really enjoyed the show and I'll be listening to more of their music.

Last night I got to see Trombone Shorty's Voodoo Threauxdown. There were four amazing jazz bands from New Orleans that performed. It was a lot of fun. I really like that kind of music. It made me want to go back to NOLA in a big fat way.

There are two more shows: one on Sunday and the final show on Monday (Billy Idol!!). I am scheduled to work on the Monday show. I thought about seeing if help was needed on Sunday, but I think I'll pass. (I need to read!)

3. Oh my sweet Carolina. At this time last year we were just a couple of days away from our vacation to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. We were watching the progress of Hurricane Jose that was going to be passing by while we were there. Fortunately, we didn't have any problems. We got to see what we thought of as the "angry ocean" for a couple of days, then the last part of our week there was gorgeous and wonderful. I had such a good time and I thought it was a beautiful place. Now I'm riveted to the coverage of Hurricane Florence which seems will be making a big impact on North and South Carolina, from Charleston to the Outer Banks. I hope the storm stalls out off the coast and doesn't wreak havoc on such a lovely place. I imagine there will be plenty of damage without a direct hit. I hope that everyone who had to evacuate did that and will be safe.

No comments: